Belize Lots for Sale
To answer the question “Why invest in Cocoplum?” it makes sense to first answer the questions “Why invest in Belize?” and “Why invest in Placencia?”.
WHY INVEST IN BELIZE?
There are a hundred good reasons why Belize is a good lifestyle investment but the most basic is “It’s Different”. What does that mean? It means that there isn’t a Starbucks on every corner (or any corner), there’s no Pizza Hut (although you will find fabulous pizza) and the nearest Walmart is in Mexico. No offense to these ubiquitous international brands but in this age of cultural and commercial globalization isn’t it somehow comforting to know that there is an entire country that boasts not a single chain store or restaurant?
It’s not that Belize is somehow mired in the 1950’s. There are computers and smart phones everywhere you look and equally smart people operating them. Most folks have 125 channels of cable TV and can tell you more about life in North America than you ever cared to know. It’s just that while Belizeans have an open window on an increasingly fast paced world, they are more prone to enjoy its technical marvels without becoming consumed by its sometimes soulless nature.
Now that you’ve read the explanation induced by a couple of strong rums and a fabulous sunset here are some less philosophical reasons:
- English speaking
- stable democracy
- stable currency
- well preserved natural environment
- diverse economic base (petroleum, agriculture and tourism are the mainstays)
- self sufficiency in food production (beef, pork, chicken, fish, seafood, corn, rice, beans—also good beer and hot sauce)
- relatively low cost of living
- low population density and plenty of wide open spaces
- multi-ethnic population (not perfect harmony but pretty decent compared to most places)
WHY INVEST IN PLACENCIA?
To put it simply, the Placencia Peninsula combines the best of what Belize has to offer:
- nice beaches
- proximity to world class marine attractions like fishing, snorkeling, SCUBA diving, kayaking
- equal proximity to world class terrestrial attractions like exploring ancient Maya sites, jungles, waterfalls, rivers, bird watching
- no hordes of cruise ship tourists
- excellent infrastructure (Belize’s best road, best water, good telecommunications and electricity)
- small hotels ranging from basic to luxury (no megaresorts or all-inclusives)
- great restaurants, fun bars and very cool, genuine people
- in Placencia you are a welcomed guest in an authentically friendly community
WHY INVEST IN COCOPLUM?
Of all the possible living options on the Placencia Peninsula Cocoplum is unique.
- It is not a “slice and dice” subdivision masquerading as a planned community. Its 224 acres were faithfully developed according to a master planning process led by EDSA, one of the world’s premier planning firms.
- With large lots averaging over a half acre in area there is plenty of privacy. Ample lagoon and forest reserves, parks and buffers cover over two thirds of the total property, giving Cocoplum residents the freedom of country living but with all the security and amenities that make life more enjoyable.
- All the infrastructure is already in place. It’s not a case of “soon coming” or “at some point in the future”.
- The developers of Cocoplum did not just step off the plane from Miami; they are Belizeans or long time residents who have done business in Belize for decades with proven track records. They live in Belize and live in Cocoplum and are always on site. When you live in Cocoplum you have a team of close to twenty people working on your behalf.
- Cocoplum was built as a long term project, an investment in sustainable tourism and residential development whose value will only increase as the rest of the world becomes more homogenized.
- The company that owns Cocoplum has no bank debt. None of Cocoplum’s properties are mortgaged or financially encumbered in any way.
- But most of all it’s just a really nice place to live…and isn’t that what it’s all about?